Users of the Parent Portal are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Users will act in a responsible, legal, and ethical manner.
- Users will not attempt to intentionally disrupt, harm or destroy data on the school network, the school network itself, or any other school property.
- Users will not attempt to access information and/or data concerning any students other than their own child(ren) or any account assigned to or associated with another user.
- Users will not use the Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including but not limited to, violation of data privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Users who identify security problems with the Parent Portal must notify their child(ren)'s school registrar or email email@example.com.
- Users will not share their password with anyone, including their own child(ren), and will not allow anyone other than themselves to use their Parent Portal account.
- Users will not set their computer(s) to automatically log-in to the Parent Portal and will log out of their Parent Portal account when they are not at their computer.
- Users identified as a security risk will be denied access to the Parent Portal.
- Malicious use of the Parent Portal or any LDOE computer to access sites to develop computer viruses, harass other users or infiltrate computer systems is prohibited.
- Use of the system to process, transmit, upload or send any inappropriate or harmful content to the Parent Portal or LDOE computer systems (including any attached devices) is prohibited.